In 2012, Michelle was working in Silicon Valley as a software engineer and volunteered to teach programming to primary and secondary school students at a program operated at Stanford campus. During that time, she observed how the millennials (digital natives) interact and create with technology and reflected upon her education in Hong Kong.
Moving back to Hong Kong in 2013, Michelle then began to offer coding and STEM courses and develop curriculum for primary and secondary students to learn not just coding skills, but also computational thinking. Since then, our team has taught mobile applications, games, 3D Printing and animation to over 10,000 students from age 4 and above in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and China.
We are excited to empower our next generation to become creative leaders in the digital era, for their future career and for driving social change. Join our journey! :)
MISSION: Shaping Future Creators
VISION: "Silicon Valley is a mindset, not a location"
Culture: Done is Better Than Perfect
With curriculum adapted from Silicon Valley, our goal is to equip each student with the knowledge and skills to transform their ideas into reality with code.
Adopting a project-based learning approach in the classroom, our students apply programming concepts via hands-on challenges to solve different real world problems. In an increasingly technological world, we empower students with the skills and confidence to explore their creativity, take pride in their creations and pursue their interests.
First Code has partnered with many multinational corporations including Google for social impact projects teaching students from underprivileged communities how to code.
Our work has been featured on Forbes, Wall Street Journal, CCTV, CNN, BBC News, and multiple local press including South China Morning Post, TVB, the Straits Times.
About First Code
First Code Academy is empowering Asia’s next generation to become creators of technology by teaching kids age 6 to 18 about programming, design and entrepreneurship. Since 2013, we have taught 6,000+ students in various Asian cities and are continuing to expand our global presence. We believe that it takes a team to build something big; if you have a love for technology and want to make a meaningful impact in next generation’s education, join us now!
We're looking for a Part-time Customer Success from April to May 2018 to:
Make follow up phone calls to our existing customer base to suggest upcoming coding courses
Recommend suitable courses to students from 4-18 years old
Practice sales technique and offer an awesome call experience
There will be commission based on the number of signups facilitated
This is a part-time position so we can set up a schedule of how many hours committed per week. We’re looking for young, energetic, and eager learner who wants to learn all about startup and be trained up in Sales and Customer Success. Students are welcome to apply.
- Have relevant working experience in sales and customer service function
- Excellent command of spoken English
- Be able to communicate effectively and sensitively
- Cheerful, independent, proactive, meticulous, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Operate well under pressure and tight timelines, be adaptive to a changing environment
- Join the rocket ship: It's still early days, join us to educate the next generation of creators!
- Make a difference in our next generation: At the intersection of education and technology, we are building something that empowers young minds.
- Access to a wide community: Regular dialog and open communication with local and Silicon Valley based advisors, mentors and investors.
- Be a part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication.
- Be part of the fun - our Summer 2016 video :) https://youtu.be/6PJUnLfQffg
- Get involved in large scale events such as AppJamming Summit (http://appjammingsummit.org/), a regional app competition for kids from age 8 to 16 to showcase their app creation. We host Semi-Finals in Hong Kong and Singapore and a Final in Hong Kong with students joining us from all over Asia.
|Infos zum Unternehmen|
|Gründer||Michelle Sun & Kevon Cheung|
|Branchen||IT (Internet/Mobile) / IT (Telecom/SI/Software) / Education / Research|
Wurde noch nicht weitergesagt