my name is Mariana and I am the Human Resource Manager at PhraseApp.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the job description. I look forward to receiving your application.
We are a startup that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. PhraseApp automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide. We have been growing successfully since our start in 2012. Many well known international customers are already using PhraseApp in their development process, translating the content of their own software into the languages of their worldwide users.
We are a company of 31 employees right now, many of us have either a software development or a business background. We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market to make life of other developers much easier and allow people all over the world to use software in their native language. The opportunity to work on a product with global impact is definitely motivational to us.
We are proud to be a dynamic team of great, open minded people who all have their own skills and talents, but are unified by the same passion to build something that matters. We work in a professional environment where you can be productive and have fun as well. We support each other and give each team member the freedom needed to work effectively. We are constantly evolving and striving to always share our knowledge and individual strengths among our team. By following the holacracy approach, we allow for a strong involvement of each individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility.
Besides that we really like software and are working with the latest technologies in our development, always striving for the highest code quality and caring about the next person who has to work with it.
As you can see on the pictures, we definitely enjoy our rooftop terrace with its panoramic view over Hamburg. Whether it is a good old BBQ with a cold beer or a nice breakfast, we like to come together after work is done.
- As a full-stack engineer you will work on advancing our entire
platform (API, Command Line Tools, IDE plugins and much more)
with a strong focus on Ruby but also with other technologies
such as Go, Elm, Elasticsearch etc.
- Always use best practices in your code as well as mentoring
others to do the same
- Think creatively and work outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- Work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- Share your knowledge in regular Brown Bag sessions
- Follow and improve our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployment
- Take part in pair programming and code-reviews to optimize our code quality
- Experienced in building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant code with unit and integration tests
- Familiar with git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functional) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German big plus)
- Motivation to help shape our team and our product and take responsibility
- Independent, goal-oriented work
- Startup spirit and innovative working environment in the heart of Hamburg
- Output instead of meetings
- Continuous learning within our experienced team
- Choosing your own hardware
- Room for new ideas and an appreciative environment with flat hierarchies
- Rooftop and BBQ
- Regular team breakfast, free drinks and fresh fruits
- Open office with panoramic view
Our philosophy is: Move fast, fail and learn
We are structured in an agile self-organizing system (holacracy) th... Mehr anzeigen
We are constantly working with the latest technologies in our softw... Mehr anzeigen
|Suche nach||Ruby Developer (m/f)|
|Besonderheiten||Interview per Skype möglich / Snacks/Lunch kostenlos|
|Infos zum Unternehmen|
|Gründer||Wolfram Grätz, Tobias Schwab und Frederik Vollert|
|Branchen||IT (Internet/Mobile) / IT (Telecom/SI/Software)|
Wurde noch nicht weitergesagt