No description available.
At Mitte we are on a mission to change how water is consumed, and ultimately replace plastic bottles.
We have created the first smart home appliance that enables users to create mineral water at home. Mitte purifies the water with a distillation based proprietary method, and then makes water not just clean but also healthy by enhancing it with minerals through our proprietary cartridge.
There is a widespread and growing problem in regards to our water supplies. In many places, contaminants are unavoidable, and we continue to create waste via plastic bottles.
The insatiable demand for bottled water is a huge problem. Plastic bottles are finding their way into the human food chain and polluting every natural system on the planet. A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and the number will jump another 20% by 2021, creating an environmental crisis that will be as serious as climate change.
Mitte eliminates the need for plastic bottles, leading to a fundamental reduction in plastic waste, water waste, and carbon dioxide emissions.
Our goal is to make water safe and healthy for everyone and revolutionizing the way we drink water at home in the process. Inspired by nature’s water cycle, our process is led by a holistic users-first approach. Our machine not just looks beautiful, but is also extremely user friendly and durable.
Our patent-pending (EU patent n° EP17154125) distillation chamber is based on the principle of a thermoelectric heat pump, driven by two Peltier elements.
Mitte uses a mineral cartridge to replicate the process that occurs in nature when water flows through rocks. Mitte distilled water flows through the different layers of our cartridge and slowly picks up healthy minerals.
The entire process is contained within a countertop appliance.
A companion app adds additional functionality and ease to interacting with the machine. Users can view information about their usage and modify settings.
It’s important for our team to learn from each other in different environments. We work together, as well as play together, such as our recent outing after the workday came to a close.
As Mitte moves closer to its launch date and the hardware development is reaching its later stages, we need to thoroughly work on our water enhancement process. In line with our mission of creating perfect and healthy water, we need to understand how all ingredients work among each other to give the water different properties, optimize the enhancement process and even bring along new ingredients to our mix. We have developed a unique in the world, patent-pending mineralization process as a proven and stable platform for water enhancement and are now seeking to build upon this powerful foundation and add more variety to create the perfect waters for all our users.
This is where you come in. With your technical and scientific knowledge and eagerness to learn, you will support the tech team in the development of our different mineral cartridges, core technology and key to our business model. We are looking for a team leader who is very flexible and hands on!
*** Your responsibilities ***
• Guide our water science department as part of our larger technology team
• Refine existing and define new water mineralization methods and mineral ingredients
• Direct our 3 person water science team to design and carry out experiments,
• Analyze results and feedback insights to our CTO
• Support on solving problems and obstacles that come along in the product development process from prototype to fulfillment (including supporting setting up production and establishing quality control)
• Interacting with other internal teams (business, marketing, innovation) and liaising with external partners at different stages of the product development process
*** This job is perfect for you, if you can show the following ***
• Graduate of a scientific or technical degree program, with a strong background in inorganic chemistry and/or water science.
• Capacity to manage the details of a complex technical project.
• Practical knowledge: planning and implementation of experiments, documentation and presentation.
• Theoretical knowledge: understand chemical reactions of different minerals in water, interactions between different cations and anions in the water, solubility, acid-base reactions
• Motivation to familiarize yourself with a new topic and enjoy solving complex technical problems
• Track record of working independently, in a proactive and self-motivating way, achieving excellent and timely results.
• Full English proficiency (written and spoken skills)
• Be a strong team player, able to work in an international team and with different disciplines (hardware, software, business, marketing, etc)
Brownie Points for:
• Experience working in startups
• Experience with product development
• Experience with nutrition / Nutrition knowledge
• Experience with food and beverage production process and process engineering
• German language.
• Drinking water regulations knowledge
*** What we can offer ***
• Flexible working hours
• Start date: as soon as possible
• We think this is a great learning and growing opportunity – skill- and networking-wise.
We look forward to your application! Simply apply with your Wantedly Profile through clicking on "want to visit" to meet us for a chat.
|Suche nach||Head of Water Science|
|Besonderheiten||Interview per Skype möglich / Internationales Team / Snacks/Lunch kostenlos|
|Infos zum Unternehmen|
|Gründer||Moritz Waldstein-Wartenberg & Faebian Bastiman|
|Branchen||Foods / Beverages / Electronics / Electrical Equipment|
Wurde noch nicht weitergesagt