Management (Finanzen, Personalwesen etc.)
StashAway is the faster way to reach your financial goals. As a digital wealth management platform, we design personalised portfolios and monthly investment plans based on your unique characteristics, and manage your portfolio with highly advanced investment strategies.
The company was founded in Singapore in 2016 with the ambition of expanding to other fast-growing Asia Pacific markets since 2018. We are licensed by Monetary Authority of Singapore and Securities Commission Malaysia.
StashAway is led by its three founders, Michele Ferrario, former CEO of ZALORA Group; Freddy Lim, former Global Head of Derivatives Strategy of Nomura; and Nino Ulsamer, founder of several technology companies around the world.
We deliver sophisticated, personalized advice at a fraction of the cost of existing, basic solutions. Our advanced technology enables us to deliver to each investor a sophisticated investment strategy that was once only available to institutions and high net-worth individuals.
Traditional investment products charge between 1.25% and 5% in annual fees. At 0.2% to 0.8% in annual management fees, StashAway offers a convenient, digital user experience with personalised portfolios with no minimum balance, no restrictions for withdrawals, and real-person customer service. We encourage individuals of all net worths with portfolios of any size to build their wealth.
Supported by prominent advisors, the StashAway team is committed to providing investment advice and customer experience of the highest quality. Our team is made up of top-tier developers, designers, fund managers, creatives, and managers with diverse backgrounds from all over the world – currently representing Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Vietnam.
In Jul 2019, StashAway raised US$12 million through a Series B round led by Eight Roads Ventures, the proprietary investment arm of Fidelity International. Other backers include Asia Capital & Advisors, a private equity firm led by banking veteran Francis Rozario, who had previously participated in our pre-series A and Series A funding rounds in 2018.
We write our own rules, and do whatever it takes to build a substantial, meaningful product and service. We work hard, don’t cut corners, and love bonding over (lots of) food.
With regards to our culture, we want StashAway to (i) have a rewarding, diverse, radically candid and cooperative growth environment; (ii) where people work hard, take responsibilities and grow as individuals and as a team; (iii) embrace an open-minded meritocracy, and (iv) are ethical and compliant.
Do you have a product-first approach when building software? Do you care about the user experience and real world functionality of your code? Are you experienced with backend development and constantly finding ways to improve existing infrastructure, platforms and frameworks? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a talented, fun and energetic team who is running at full speed to redefine the way people invest?
We are currently expanding and looking for a motivated Backend Developers who have a passion for building robust and scalable systems for customer-focused financial products.
You are responsible for translating high-level business requirements for new products and features into the services and data models that power them. You like thinking critically about how to architect and build new components in a performant and scalable manner.
You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals, and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture and interaction.
Your contribution within a dynamic Technology team allows you to be exposed to a variety of concepts and technologies. You will enjoy being able to have a direct impact on StasAway's internationalisation plans, and the development of features and new investment products.
We strive to keep most of services simple and robust so they are easy to develop, test and maintain allowing us to iterate quickly and productively.
Do check out StashAway's Engineering blog (https://medium.com/stashaway-engineering) to learn more about the technology we use, the challenges we face, and the solutions we deliver!
- Take full ownership of certain aspects of our core trading platform that is written in Scala on top of an open-source tech stack (Cassandra, Kafka, Akka, Lagom, and more) to enable the rapid rollout of new investment products, and future country launches.
- Work according to the principles of CQRS and Event Sourcing to build the backbone of our financial operations and ensure transaction dollars are securely moved through StashAway's systems in a series of risk checks to ensure strict regulatory compliance.
- Work on cutting-edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure and tooling).
- Design and implement solutions to handle high levels of traffic, in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Write testable, clean, efficient code that can be confidently released in production.
- Work closely with Product and Business teams to produce high-quality results.
- Understand the importance of scalability, self-healing, performance, profiling, data, and security when developing and maintaining backend services.
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 1-5 years of experience developing distributed systems or building a larger application from scratch
- Self-driven, has strong sense of ownership and ability to work and learn independently
> We have an annual Learning & Development budget of S$1,000/year for you to take charge of your upskilling and learning!
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)