Rooftop Republic’s team has been pioneering the urban farming movement over the last five years. Our vision is to revolutionise the food system and transform the relationship people have with their food.
We are a truly multi-disciplinary team and we collaborate with architects, engineers, organic farmers, chefs and nutritionists to develop and deliver urban farming solutions.
Our innovative approach and end-to-end services - from design, installation to maintenance and community engagement - aims to incorporate urban farms into city-dwellers’ lifestyles and make it commonplace.
At Rooftop Republic we are enthusiastic about the potential for urban farming to transform both urban spaces and mindsets in Hong Kong and to contribute to making our city more sustainable and liveable.
Rooftop Republic Urban Farming is awarded the following recognition at the Social Enterprise Awards 2017 Hong Kong:
Most Outstanding Social Enterprise (Meritorious)
Most Innovative Social Enterprise
Rooftop Republic is also honoured to be an awardee of the DBS Social Enterprise Grant 2018.
We work with companies to enhance their sustainability programmes and corporate social responsibility profile.
We help developers and architects incorporate urban farms into their projects, enhancing the building's sustainability and promoting the users' wellbeing.
Food & Beverage
We partner with F&B outlets to help them grow their own organic produce. We also collaborate with chefs across the city to run joint farm to table events.
We work alongside community based organisations to use urban farming as a tool to engage disadvantaged groups and integrate them more strongly into society.
Education is at the core of our work. We help schools and educational institutions integrate farming into their curricular or extracurricular activities.
We are growing our team and we're now seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to join us! This role will give you the opportunity to be involved in urban farming, grow the urban farming movement in the city, get first-hand experience at urban farm projects in Hong Kong, and also be part of our journey of social entrepreneurship towards transforming our city into a greener and more edible space!
1) Support in planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns for our events, services and products:
2) Writing copy for marketing collateral, press releases, brochures, social media, eDMs and website.
3) Monitoring and managing campaign budgets against the objectives to ensure efficiency.
4) Understanding the product and customer profile and write thorough specs for each.
5) Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
6) Support in creating quality content for marketing and educational purposes.
7) Spearhead initiatives and events to generate interest in and promote urban farming to the wider public.
Work closely with the Business Development team, our clients and partners to design and implement engaging events and programmes to drive buzz around urban farming, and attract and involve citydwellers to get started in growing their own food.
We are looking for a candidate who:
1) Has a degree in Marketing/Business or similar
2) Possesses at least 3 years of experience in Marketing Communications, especially in digital marketing.
3) Has experience driving social media and online campaigns.
4) Has an interest and concern for agriculture, environment, social causes, and growing your own veggies and herbs.
5) Has strong verbal and communication skills.
6) Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail.
7) Is a self starter who has the ability to work independently.
8) Is able to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time - willing to get his/her hands dirty as necessary to move fast and get things done.
9) Has a good command in Chinese (Cantonese) and English (speaking & writing).
10) Right to work in Hong Kong. Rooftop Republic cannot provide a visa at this time.
Candidates with the following training, skills and experience will have an advantage:
- Experience in growing your own veggies/herbs or experience in sustainable agriculture.
- Skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Final Cut Pro.
You may be required to work on weekends where necessary (off-days to be given in-lieu)
The level of appointment will commensurate with qualification and experience.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)